More than 45 intermediate to advanced level master classes and workshops in several genres take place on January 26-27 in three locations around the city: Alabama Ballet, Alabama School of Fine Arts, and The Dance Foundation. Classical and contemporary ballet, jazz and modern as well as current forms such as street jazz, West African, and musical theatre dance let you fine-tune your favorite technique and give you the chance to try something new. Classes are organized by track:
- Purple Track: College/Professional
- Red Track: Grades 9-12
- Green Track: Grades 6-8
Intermediate to advanced dancers from age 11 through college can audition for summer programs at national, regional and local dance organizations, including American Ballet Theatre*, Dance Theatre of Harlem, American Dance Festival, and Joffrey Jazz and Contemporary Programs. Dancers may register for auditions as single sessions or as part of your registration package. Audition classes are on Friday, January 25 at the Alabama School of Fine Arts. Auditions are organized by age group:
- High school seniors – college students, 1:00-3:00 pm
- Grades 9 – 11, 3:00-5:00 pm
- Grades 6 – 8, 5:00-7:00 pm
2019 Audition Opportunities – coming soon!
* The American Ballet Theatre Audition is a SEPARATE audition from the Festival and requires a $40 fee payable to ABT at the audition.